site navbar


Introduction

Everyone has an opinion about bike gear. I only know about what I use and I generally only write about what I have. I'm somewhat of a retro-grouch for I prefer steel frames and rim brakes.

2018 Bike Maintenance


I passed the 42,000 mile/mark last year mark whilst riding my faithful stead. I cannot say enough good things about this bike. Incredibly comfortable and reliable... she has performed flawlessly.

I clean the entire drive train after every wet ride, including rims and brakes. The number of times I've ridden in the rain can be reflected in the frequency of my maintenance records below.



Parts Replacement Schedule
I should point out that I really pushed my drive train during 2017. I believe this was achieved through regular maintenance (see: "2017 Bike Maintenance"), however I don't recommend this amount of mileage.

  • tyres @ 3,000 miles
  • rotate tyres @ 1,500 miles
  • brake blocks @ 2,000 miles
  • chain @ 3,000 miles
  • cassette @ 6,000 miles
  • crankset @ 24,000 miles





Ads Inside Post